Addis Ababa University College of Natural & Computational Science
Contact Person: Professor Yalemtsehay Mekonen
Modern higher education in Ethiopia began with the founding of the University College of Addis Ababa on March 20, 1950. When formal lectures started in the College on December 11, 1950, the Faculty of Science, one of the only two Faculties then, had only two departments or sections, known as Section A and Section B. In Section A, students were given basic training in Engineering, which would enable them to go abroad to specialize in one of the many branches of Engineering, whereas those in Section B were prepared for Medical School as well as for further studies in Biology and allied fields.
Rotaract Club of Lewet
Contact Person: Kidanemariam Fekadu
Rotaract Club of Lewet is one of the 14 Rotaract clubs that exist in Ethiopia which was established as a University Based club in 2004, from dedicated youth that gathered from various Rotaract clubs established in Ethiopia. It is the fourth club to be founded in the country. The name “Lewet” was coined from the Amharic term meaning “change” which of directly indicates work to bring an actual change in the lives in to the community and its members through the Rotaract motto of “fellowship through service”.